Thursday 2 February 2017

My Interrail Diary

I absolutely love to travel. We all have the habit of revisiting our favourite destinations over and over again but each year I go to one place that I've never been to before. I love to experience new things, go on exciting adventures, try new cocktails and taste unusual food. My love for learning about new cultures & creating new everlasting memories will never get old!

           Image result for travel gif

Here I will share with you my travel pictures and experiences & give you travel tips on the do’s & don’ts through my eyes of each weird and wonderful location I visit. 

               Image result for travel picture

Over the years I have been lucky enough to explore lots of countries and cities. My latest trip was in the summer and i explored around 14 different places in Europe by Inter rail. Myself and 3 of my friends had time off studying and we decided this was the perfect opportunity to travel a little. 

Firstly, its a must to properly plan where you want to visit as if you are on a short time scale like us - It was pushed to visit 12 different places in 4 weeks. We started our trip in Amsterdam which was one of my favourite places. Here we visit the famous Vondle Park and Anne Franks house along with the Ice Bar (literally freezing). We moved onto Berlin, and from there into Prague where we partied in the biggest nightclub in Europe (KARLOVY). We then visited Vienna which was beautiful, however I wouldn't recommend it for us young folks but definitely worth a visit at some point. Next on the list was Budapest which i cannot wait to visit again. Buda is beautiful and the palace is a must, but if you are young and want to party i would recommend staying in Pest - our party hostel was amazing and very central location! ( Hive Hostel) While you visit Hungary the thermal baths are a must - check out the SPARTY which is on Saturday nights. 

I also recommend booking trains along with booking seats so you can ensure your party are sitting together or at least near to each other.

Next we visited Croatia including Split the main town and then we took a ferry to Hvar. I had already visited Croatia with family and absolutely loved it! Hvar island is breathtaking - the Hula Hula bar by the beach is beautiful.. especially for the sunset. 

                     Image may contain: sky, outdoor, water and nature
We then got on a ferry from Croatia's main ferry terminal to Ancona and from here we went to Italy. We picked to visit Rome, Florence and Venice - my friend is Italian so she was able to guide us around for the best bowl of pasta and glass of vino!

  Image may contain: one or more people, sky, boat, outdoor and water   Image may contain: people sitting and food

With the Interrail global pass you are only able to travel to 10 different countries - so we checked out flight prices and decided to fly from Italy to Barcelona where a friend picked us up from the airport - this felt like luxury! It was my second time visiting Barcelona and I loved it even more. It was really helpful having a friend living there as he showed us around to the least touristy attractions as we had seen all the main cities before.

                                   Image may contain: sky and outdoor


Last but not least, we ended our trip by flying to the White Island IBIZA. There wasn't much culture to see here and it was mainly filled with late nights and alcohol! The rest of our girl group flew out from Glasgow and we rented an apartment for 4 nights attending various music events in clubs such as Amnesia, Ushuia and Ocean beach club. Cafe Mambo sunset is a must too - the food is delicious along with the cocktails of course!

Lastly, before i set off on my travels i was messing around online and came across a really useful youtube video. This gives a list of ideal essentials and things that must be considered when doing a Euro rail trip. 


I would more than recommend this trip to anyone and hope some of my tips helped if you are planning to inter rail!


                                 Love Lifeofkt xoxo

                          Image may contain: one or more people and ring


1 comment:

  1. I plan on going inter-railing next summer, found your post helpful and informative!

    ReplyDelete